The i-day happenings

It all started when I saw Sagaro's blog entry on a pothole filling drive on our roads on independence day eve. Added my name in the wiki, and joined them at the Velachery Bus Stand at 9. After the ice breaking, we split into two groups - one stayed at Velachery to fix the ones on the Velachery-Guindy road and the other(including me) moved to Mandaveli. We started our activities after the traffic subsided, it was almost 12 by then. Till the time we wound up @ around 5, we had fixed quite a few potholes in RAPuram and Mandaveli and the other group had finished the potholes identified in Velachery.

The one that I didnt expect but liked was the 'I fixed >' stencil which we used to mark with paint on each fix that we did. The letter 'I' was painted with the tricolors. It gave a sense of ownership for what we did.



Both groups met up @ 3. Filling potholes though seems easy is a back breaking job. The best part was the energy levels of ppl and fun we had together.

To sum up, it was a fantastic experience to meet up with 16 ppl from different parts of the city, know them and put some worthwhile effort on something useful together. I thought we should do this more often.
It was 630 IST when I reached home. Had a shower and left by 7:20 to Office. Took a snap of to-be Vikram Sarabhais and Amartya Sens of the Sholinganallur Govt School while at the bus stop.


The flag hoist was @ 8:00 exact. Reached there exactly 2 mins before hoist. Hats off to the security personnel who had made the arrangements. They put up a professional show. Still, I am always against my office's policy of having sturdy gentlemen at the reception desk ;).



After munching thru the laddus (the most important part of the day) tat were distributed, I left. Reached home and dropped dead. Woke up a while back. The day till now has been fantastic, the only things I missed were the Frisbee game @ the Bessie beach and a snap of a lil Indra Nooyi from Sholinganallur school.